Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Wind And The Tree

I am the wind,
A force of nature
And as I blow, I gather steam
When I reach you, I lose power
But then I deflect
To remain strong and carry on
Because I am strong,
Stronger than you will ever be.

I am the winded tree,
Nature’s hardships bend me
A constant battle
To maintain my shape,
The wind will bend me,
It is a strain to remain whole
I aspire to maintain my strength
I stay strong
And as I reshape, I become even stronger
Wind, you can only make me stronger still.

Tree, I will break you
Maybe not this time
Maybe not next time
But I will bend you a bit each time
Until you finally break
You are not strong,
You are weak
I am the stronger one
You are no match for me.


Wind, you are indeed strong
Very strong
I admire your strength
But, it doesn't break me
Instead, it bends me
And each time I bend
I spring back, even stronger
Your strength only enriches me
As you keep trying to bend me,
You only make me stronger than you.

Wind, once you were just a breeze
How did you become a force?
Did you gather nature’s strength
And nature’s fury
And in the process, make it your own?


Tree, as I began, I then grew
I didn't know my own strength
But, now you have made me stronger
By making me see
The true strength that I have
In making others stronger with my force.

Wind, once I was just a seedling
Below the earth
You could not enrich me,
Your strength did not reach me
But now, I am a tall tree
My roots are large and deep
My bark is thick, but strong
My exposure is constant
Your strength is what I seek
To further strengthen my core.

Tree, hold on to your roots
Because, I am only the wind
And I have no roots, no core
I need you to ground me
For without you
I am only the breath that blows through you
Just a breeze blowing with nothing to stop me
I am just a breeze blowing with nothing to stop me
My strength is in enriching your strength
Without you, I have no strength.
Without you, I am not strong
For you are my strength
And I am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment